Do no harm. Those were the words Leo Pierce used to describe the overarching theme of his life. Those words are echoed in the spirit of the Leo & Peggy Pierce Family Foundation.
Leo and Peggy Pierce married on May 2, 1941, and were long-time residents of Wynnewood, Pennsylvania where they raised their family: four sons and four daughters. That same year, Leo entered military service, and was honorably discharged in 1945 having earned the rank of major in the army.
Leo served in various roles prior to founding his company, Pierce Leahy Archives, in 1969. A milestone was reached on July 1, 1997 when the company was taken public on the New York Stock Exchange. Leo retired as Chairman of the Board in February of 2000 at the age of 82.
Leo and Peggy were active with many civic and social groups, however, charitable values and a desire to give back led them to start the Leo & Peggy Pierce Family Foundation in 1997. The foundation serves organizations that strive to end hunger and food insecurity in the five-county Philadelphia region and Indian River County in Florida.
The Pierce’s “do no harm” legacy will live on through the foundation they started, and the second and third generation family members who seek to do the same.
The Leo and Peggy Pierce Family Foundation seeks to prevent and end hunger and food insecurity in the five-county Philadelphia region and Indian River County, FL through grants and investments.
Board of Directors
Connie Pierce Buckley, Chairman/President
Molly Pierce, Vice President/Secretary
Michael Pierce, Treasurer
Leo Pierce Jr./Assistant Secretary